We are so excited to have you for your first hola house experience! We don’t take meeting new people lightly and we hope this is the start of a beautiful friendship!
Here are a few notable tips to plan for a positive experience:
- Give yourself plenty of time for parking. While we do have some designated parking in our building’s parking garage, you may opt for street parking which is available all around us. If you’d like to enjoy a stroll through Peter Kirk Park, parking in the library or Kirkland Urban works great too!
- Be hydrated and bring a water bottle for refills. We will have waters available for purchase as back up and even better we have filtered water tapped right into our studio to ensure everyone has plenty of water during and after class.
- Enjoy a cup of tea or coffee on the house before or after class. Need to rush out? No problem- rain check that chit-chat anytime!
- Feel free to bring your own mat and sweat towel, but know that we have that covered too. Please note: There is a $4 charge for mat rentals for non-members.
- We encourage you to leave your troubles at the door and reserve your time at hola house for inspiration, connection, and wellness. Not feeling social? We have those days too and we hold space for all of it.
- Your instructor will let you know which equipment is needed for class before we begin. Please be at least 5 minutes early to settle in and prepare.
- Turn your cell phone on silent and store it away. We are a screen-free environment because we all get plenty of that elsewhere.
- Share with the instructor any concerns you might have about specific exercises, injuries you are navigating, or if you are new to specific equipment. Our class sizes are small so we will help throughout class, and it is extra helpful for us to know your concerns ahead of time.
- Prepare to share your name with the group at the beginning of class. This is an hola house tradition as we are centered around connection and community. Sharing your name is a gesture of opening yourself up to be known by the people around you. After all, there’s no such thing as too many friends!
- Have fun! Yep, fitness and wellness can actually be a total blast!